Board of Directors
All teams will practice when the conditions are as follows:
- Temperature above 35 degrees,
- No Snow,
- No Rain or Light Rain - practice will not be held when rain becomes heavy, and never when lightning is present
Should practice be canceled, an email and text message will be sent by 4:30 pm on the day of the canceled practice.
Lightning Alert Safety / ThorGuard Procedure
Any one of the following three events will cause a lightning alert,
- Seeing visible lightning in the sky at any distance,
- Hearing audible thunder,
- An alarm from the Thor Guard Lightning Prediction System
In all of the above cases, all outdoor activities shall cease and all persons should seek shelter in a permanent building or vehicle immediately.
DO NOT SEEK SHELTER WITHIN DUGOUTS, PICNIC PAVILIONS, OR NEAR TALL OBJECTS SUCH AS FENCES, TREES, ETC.
At the facilities where the Thor Guard system is in place, the following Thor Guard Lightning Warning procedure will be followed:
- A warning horn will blast for 15 seconds when a potentially dangerous lightning situation is approaching; this is the signal for all activities to cease and for all persons to seek appropriate shelter in a permanent building or vehicle.
- The strobe light on the system will continue to flash while there is still potential for a lightning strike.
- Activities may not be resumed until the system has indicated the “all clear” with three short horn blasts and the strobe lights stop flashing
- If a group arrives during a lightning alert, indicated by the flashing strobe light, everyone must remain in an appropriate shelter until the “all clear” is given.
At facilities where there is no Thor Guard System or the Thor Guard System fails to activate, any visible lightning or audible thunder will indicate that activities should be suspended and shelter sought immediately. At these facilities, activities shall not be resumed until 20 minutes after the last observed visible lightning or audible thunder.
If games are cancelled due to severe weather and/or adverse field conditions, Huntley Youth Lacrosse families will be notified by e-mail and/or text with as much notice as possible.